About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

discrimination.

Define discrimination : Discrimination is the actual behavior towards members of another group. It involves excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to other groups.

My definition of discrimination –> alienate and judge (short and simple)

its actually something that is set up or programmed in your mind. Judgmental, Racism, Prejudice and so many more terms in common.

Where I was from, everyone are quite separated due to their race. Malays, Chinese, Indians and many more. I never used to like Malays nor Indians when I was in primary school. But when I entered Secondary life, I realized that their actually not bad. its what the adults do in politics and TV that makes me feel that way. I don’t hate those in school (maybe just not all). truthfully I just have this inner turmoil burning in me when I bump into them on the streets that I don’t know.

It actually came naturally because many of them don’t like us as well (Chinese). They say that we’re dirty, and we eat pigs SO WHAT? I mean like come on, don’t judge us because we eat what we eat. We don’t judge you for what you eat. Sometimes I feel that this fight is so not necessary at all! if you don’t judge I don’t judge. We were living in harmony until some idiot came up and set  this as that and made us racist against one another, you get what I mean. They just don’t let us Chinese get up to the top because its THEIR country. LIKE HALLO.. ==” there’s so much I wana BOMB it here but I can’t really detail this post because I’ll get sent from where I am now to back where I was and get stuck in prison because I’m freeing my voice. ==’ weird huh? NO FREEDOM NO VOICE and you said ONE ******** = ‘CRAP’!

anyway, I just want to confess. I do pre-judge people. Like when u say the word Muslim to me I do wince. :D Whenever I pass by one or two on the streets I’ll think of disloyalty and pure stupidity. I don’t know. Not sure why I used to think that but its just how I used to feel. But now after watching this video my ESL teacher have us watched today made me felt freaking guilty and HEY don’t judge me. AT LEAST I’m brave enough to tell the truth unlike some of you who talks bad behind and shuts up when the problem surfaces.

So the video is in this link: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/

Click on complete video and enjoy! :)

I hope it hits you in that spot where it had hit me.

Love, Hannah