About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Monday, April 7, 2014

He has His ways..

Oh I have sinned badly today. So badly that He had to rebuke me. Which doesn't happen that obviously, usually.

Well, I woke up early (7am) but then I thought to myself, I might be a tad too early so I decided to sleep back for another half an hour. What a mistake! I knew, I knew that when I go back to sleep, I will be more inclined to not get up. Which was what had happened. I was supposed to go to work at 9am but, like a serpent, I find blame on others and decided to just indulge more on my sleep. I blamed my employer that she did not set a time for me to go to work (which she usually does the night before), but I knew deep within that it is such a routine that she need not do it anymore. *sigh*

So I slept till 11.30am, unaware that my employer has been calling me but I had my mobile on silent (as per usual). Finally I got up and told her that I was sorry, and she said to go in to work anyway, and I was shocked. Despite the shock, (I imagined she would just say, it's okay and no more next time, kind of thing) I got ready to leave the house. Now in a tram, this is when I usually have my quiet time, to reflect and to read the Bible. As I opened the Bible app, there will always be the 'verse of the day' that will pop up and greet you. This is how He rebuked me. " In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of The Lord Jesus, how he himself said " It is more blessed to give than to receive"' - Acts 20:35. Not saying that my employer is weak, but I interpreted it as 'in need of help' and that I always expect that she treats me well and gives me food, instead, I have never thought of giving my best at work and never had it on top of my head that I should be doing what she expects of me.

Ah. He has His ways, always will have His way of rebuking His children. I am dead, Pastor N (from yesterday's sermon), I am spiritually dead. However, knowing this is not enough, I also believe that in His own timing, I shall be born again :) Now, to face my angry(?) employer.

My hope is in You!

Love,

Hannah L.