About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Change is a must if you want to stay the same

Dear you,

 

 

 

You have turned 17 today! *yay*

 

I just want to thank you for being such a good brother to me, even though you are my only brother, I could not wish for a better one than you. It was really pleasant to see how you have grown from 'clingy & protective' to 'yu-gi-oh craze fan' to 'want-to-be cool guy' to an actually cool guy :)

 

For the past few months, I actually thought we have lost all of our trust for one another. We seldom communicate and whenever we do, we would end up sighing and walking away from one another. But after seeing your reaction today when we surprised you with the cupcakes and presents, I could not believe that you were still the you I knew long ago - a simple guy that doesn't expect much but only love from those you love.

 

I know it was not easy for you to open to us yesterday about your new-addition and how you met. But thank you for still trying even though we can seem judgy and prejudice about it. We are all siblings after all and we seldom try and hide things from one another. I really hope we will never end up at that stage. I just want us all to be able to share and talk things out. It will never be easy to open up when you know the other party may not be as receptive as you would like them to be, but if you take up the courage to try, I'm sure it is better than keeping it all in.

 

In a sense, it is a process that we all need to go through. Because we are all growing at the same time, and we are changing differently as well; in order to have things staying the same way as it was before, we need to change ourselves. Just like wanting to keep the paint on the wall as white as snow all the time, repainting it is a must because it is constantly gathering moulds and dust that will discolour it.

 

All I can wish for for you is that you continue to grow. Do not stay lukewarm in your faith; you can only either be cold or hot but never in the middle. Honour your parents and remember that He is always watching. Not only will He be watching, He will also be there to guide and lead you only if you allow Him to. Lead your heart instead of following your heart because your heart can be very deceiving. When you know you have done something wrong, never lock up the word 'sorry' but allow it out of your mouth with sincerity. Love, and let love.

 

I love you, my forever little brother, now and always.

 

Love,

Hannah