About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Game Addiction leads to Death. :X

just finished watching Cube on NTV7 and it was a very nice topic. :)
it is scary to know that ur addicted to games and are unable to overcome it. :/
there were many tragedies that happened to people that are addicted to games.
A South Korean couple were arrested for starving their baby to death because they forgot to feed their daughter while playing Prius Online for up to 18 hours a day at a neighbourhood Internet cafe. Police officer said, "The couple seemed to have lost their will to live a normal life, because they didn't have jobs and gave birth to a premature baby. They indulged themselves in the online game of raising a virtual character so as to escape from reality, which led to the death of their real baby." Kwak Dae-kyung, a Professor of Dongguk University said that the couple appeared to have lost track of reality. "Online game addiction can blur the line between reality and the virtual world. It seems that taking care of their on-line game character erased any sense of guilt they may have had for neglecting their daughter."
[This was an example my teacher gave on this topic i remembered during assembly last year.]

This is a scary world. And I hope that lives aren't just wasted because of some games online. :( that'll be too sad.

Love, Hannah
PS: if you are addicted to games, limit yourself.