About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bangkok :)

Sawasde ka!!

went back to my roots! haha~ joking. my grandma is half Thai, though I doubt I have any relatives there? hmm~

did heaps of shopping there! and when I say shopping I mean the art of it – BARGAINING!

one of the things I was proud of was the watch I bought for Ben! its D&G (looked and felt real) which costs B550 but I managed to bargain till B430!! :D & its not that I’m bragging. its just that it looks really awesome on Ben. made him look like a man. I think I have this sort of ‘good’ eye! haha~ even when I bought the materials from India, I managed to pick out good ones. hmm!!! [vain vain!!]

most importantly was that I got to bond with my Aunt & Uncle [mum’s side] and my little cousins AND my awesome POPO! she’s great! well, knowing that I won’t be back for 2 years, I think it’s only right to start bonding before they change or me missing out.

the first day we arrived we straight away went to the hotel because of the terrible jam which wasted heaps of our time but its alright. Ben hurried Hilda and I to go swim at the pool since the sun was setting which would make swimming a whole lot sweeter than just laps. When we reached the pool, it was pretty cold but I jumped in anyway & since I’m in, all I have to do is keep on swimming to keep myself warm right? Hilda joined me after a long pause of ‘should I swim or be a wimp’ dilemma. The disappointing thing was not the sun set too quickly (it was beautiful mind you) or Hilda and I did not do laps, but it was BEN! He chose to be a coward and not join us in the pool. Gee! Talk about growing up and heading towards adulthood much! well bah, whatever!

after swimming, we we so hungry we could practically eat a whole horse! (jokes) but since we were new to the place we didn’t actually know where to go for dinner. Daddy suggested to walk around and find some ‘nice’ place to eat. And by definition, daddy’s nice means something expensive and would not affect our health (clean?). But I wanted local food, something cultural? You know, experience what their local people would eat!! That’s what a vacation for me means. So I found us a nice street food even though everyone wasn’t too keen, but we have walked quite far already and we were super hungry so why not? I was afraid the food wouldn’t turn out good and everyone would KILL me but hey!! It was YUMM! They had Pad Thai, HoyTod(?) [its something like O-Jian], fish ball noodles, beef ball noodles, and pork ball noodles. Ben even had 2 bowls of noodles. I think we gave the owner quite a business for the day. :) It was AWESOME!

Well, all I could say is that the LAST NIGHT of our stay in Bangkok, my grannie (popo) craved for that street food that we had the first night, but sadly it was closed! Though we still managed to get some Pad Thai and HoyTod! wee~

In summary, my trip to Bangkok was pretty amazing. Didn’t bump into ‘funny’ people or passed by the Red Light District (which was a sigh of relief). Though Ben and I managed to grab a ‘motorbike taxi’ for the fun of it! I was just trying to experience their local ‘specialties', but ended up having MR.DADDY giving me a lecture of how dangerous sitting on the taxi would be because we wouldn’t know where they’d take me to. Haha! I doubt anything would happen (yet). Oh! Not to mention, we had our time of relaxation every night! MASSAGES! :D for the 3 nights there, it was always me, Ben and Jie together in one room. Quite funny how Ben was too skinny for the old woman (I was so worried she’d break his bones! haha)..

We didn’t explore deep into the rural areas but I reckon Bangkok has pretty much improved and advanced when compared to Malaysia (well, we’re always behind anyway).

If I have the chance, I would revisit Bangkok again! Actually I would want to explore the whole of Thailand, to see where my Thai blood comes in :D

Love, Hannah

PS: sorry for the DELAY of this post! was suppose to post it about a month ago! :P