About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

bye 2011 & hi 2012!

This is pretty embarrassing. This post should be on the 1.1.12 but its already 10.1.12! shucks!

SORRY my lovelies!

got caught up with so many things.. too many actually, I don’t know where to begin.

first let me tell you about how spent my New Year’s countdown!

Usually, we’d (Jie & I) go to church and join the service and youth bbq then countdown the new year but this year we did it differently. it was a good time! we had dinner as a family (only the 6 of us), Jie me and Mummy dearest went out to take home some nice crabs and seafood to celebrate which turned out pretty disappointing ‘cause we had to wait about 1 and a half hours for them!! but in the end we had them in our tummies so who cares of a little suffering of having to wait? we ate in the house together (noodles that my ma-ma cooked for us + the seafood!!) and then head upstairs for a movie time!! we watched Norbit. [random from my hard drive] Miraculously, daddy found it funny! haha~ we had some 糖水 [sugar water / tong sui] that Ma-ma boiled also. & after the movie, it was about the time to countdown and see the fireworks. but sadly Kuantan had a sad New Years ‘cause it rained! not much fireworks but it was great, Ben and I kept making noise. & we followed the tradition to jump as high as possible to grow taller! haha~ I sort of forgot what happened next but I know I had heaps of hugs and kisses from my awesome family. though Jie and Hilda and Ben was constantly on their phones wishing people. I just sat there staring. Oh well! that was my New Year!! :D

After the New Year hoo haa, Jie and I planned for our little backpacking trip though she wasn’t very keen but we still went for it anyway!! 3/1 – 6/1 @ Singapore & then 6/1 – 9/1 @ PJ (KL).. don’t really want to type out the whole JOURNEY but here is a ‘brief’ run through of our little trip..:

The ride to Singapore was HORRIBLE! it was worst than a roller coaster! almost puked! stupid bus driver! xD thank God we reached Singapore in one piece! our Aunt picked us up & off we went to her sanctuary. Uncle CK was in Penang (working) so all who is left in their little apartment was 三姨婆,表姑 and Kevin (cousin).. & awesome Kevin didn’t mention they had a pool!! Ish, didn’t bring my swimmies!

1st day, we spent time with the family and that’s about it (oh and also learning from Kevin how to take the MRTs and what not)..

2nd day, Jie & I met up with Rachel Bronto at Raffles City Mall? and walked just about the whole of Singapore City! haha~ SHOOT! I’m not going to post all my photos here but you can check them out in Facebook when their ready! haha~ :D (you know what? Facebook is so not my thing now, craps!) Anyway, we first walked to Esplanade, & then to the Merlion, Marina Bay Sans, and back again to Raffles City to meet up with James. Had dinner together! (feast actually!!) & then we took the flyer!! pretty brief but heck! it was a LONG and HOT day! my legs were complaining shit and I was complaining shit too! [ oh, and silly us, it was James birthday on this day.. we are actually one of the worst friends he’d have so far ]

IMG_0589

IMG_0590

I forgot the story of the merlion.. hmm! heard that there are many versions of them! :D but anyway, its one thing that sort of describes me: lion cuz I’m a Leo n I love lion cuz their fluffy and I used to be very brave. and the mermaid cuz I love swimming and wish to just be as free as a fish. :)

IMG_0577

IMG_0591

no I’m not floating, don’t worry! :D

IMG_0694

up up and away to the rooftop garden!

IMG_0674

I learned that Singaporean’s call this TukTuk gao

IMG_0726

our feast!

IMG_0739

the birthday boy, JAMES!

IMG_0732

us! n I love the BG! :D

IMG_0746

IMG_0783

okay, now lets zoom pass to the 3rd day = Universal Studios Singapore!!

the funny thing is that when we reached Vivo, we lost each other! :P for half an hour. & the most funniest thing is that I don’t have a phone, and Jie doesn’t have any money.. hmm! but thankfully we still managed to ‘announce’ each other back. :)

so off we went to USS, we managed to get on all the rides available except the 2 major ones : Galactica!! :( well, honestly we were both scared but Jie really didn’t want to go so I didn’t go too cuz I want to go together. but oh well, there’s next time? :) we had a great time there! here’s some pictures!

IMG_0848IMG_0870IMG_0902IMG_0903IMG_0904IMG_0905IMG_0908IMG_0915IMG_0923IMG_0930IMG_0951IMG_1044IMG_1037IMG_1080IMG_1100IMG_1151IMG_1159IMG_1200

from 10+am till 7pm we were there! Awesomeness! <3

soar legs were what we gained as well as happiness and many memories there!

Singapore, not a bad place to live in despite the KiaSu-ness of the people there and the heat and all the money money business, it’s a not bad place! hmm~ in consideration!

After Singapore, we spent the weekend with our beloved granny (PoPo) at her place. Woah! her awesome food!! if only I can pack her into my luggage and ship her over to Melbourne, it’ll be great! if she comes over, I don’t have to worry about food! and we could accompany her and she can also explore the western part of the world!! (though Melbourne is sort of Asianised already! haha)

All’s great! this little trip was great. took away some pain and suffering by adding sweetness and awesomeness! :)

Love, Hannah

PS: can’t wait for backpacking trip part 2!!! –> India? Hahaha!! Namaste~