About Me

My photo
Hello. The name is Hannah (or Banana). There really isn't much, really, as to what I can say about myself. Everything about me is here in my blog. From when I first hit puberty to when I am still trying to figure out how to go about mini-challenges to every day living! Love, Hannah PS: happy reading!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It affects everyone - death.

Hello Helloo!

A little update from me: my dad is here in Melbourne! (yay) I wish my mum came along as well but I guess she has to take care of our house back home. Do help me pray for her safety, bless you (thank you!!)! It is so refreshing to have a parent come over to offer comfort, words of wisdom, and ultimately just being a part of my life. Not saying that he (or they) isn’t a part of my life just because we are miles away from each other most of the time, but it is just super different when he is here physically. The house seems more lively and more warmer, in a way, very much livable. So praise God that he had a safe flight while coming over!

Anyway, on Sunday (which was yesterday), I had a short conversation with an old uncle that just finished leading his cell group. He told me that a cell member of his passed away that very morning and it is now really common to him especially with the circle of friends he has (which are all around his age). The topic that they were discussing about at cell was something along the lines of ‘how do you comfort a relative or friend’ of a deceased? And he told me that a ‘young’ girl such as myself won’t find it an interesting or common topic to talk about. HOWEVER!!! It was.. Sadly. It is not that I find such a morbid topic interesting, moreover, I find that it is crucial that we equip ourselves better on how to handle such a situation. Looking at how life is so unpredictable and fragile even amongst us young people or healthy people, we really just can’t say for sure what will happen next. I did not get the chance to ask him for his advice on how to deal with such a situation because I had to rush off for a recording. Ah..

What happened next was so shocking. I heard from my mum that my best friend’s father passed away. At that point in time, I wasn’t really sure of what to say or how I should go about to comfort her. As a best friend, I felt so inadequate and so useless. The normal “my deepest condolences” just wasn’t enough, at least that is what I think. If something like that happened to my family, what would I expect from my friends? What should I expect? I think, I would just cry. No matter what people say.

“I’m so sorry for being so helpless.”

For me, my love language is physical affection and touch. So, a hug would do a great world of a difference in making me feel better. To comfort someone, you have got to relate to their love language. I haven’t gotten to know my best friend enough to know how she understands love. This is why I feel so terrible.. All I can do is send silent prayers up to our heavenly Father with a hope that He grants her and her family comfort and peace in their hearts. That through this grief they maybe able to draw closer to one another and trust each other with their emotions.

“I really wish I was there just to lend you my shoulders, my arms, my ears..”

Death comes to everyone. Unavoidable and Unforeseeable. We can look at it morbidly and cry about it; or we can live life to the fullest and making sure that we spend our time wisely with those that we love, doing things that we love. But at the same time, being grateful for this life that was given to us. And when you are grateful, you would want to repay back to the one that you have owed. In this case, we can never repay no matter how many good things we do in life, it is simply never enough. However, He doesn’t require much. :) Therefore, I am eternally grateful, living a life that is pleasing to Him.

A: “Rabbi, when do we repent?”

Rabbi: “When we are dying..”

A, confused: “But how do we know when we are dying?”

Rabbi: “Because we can never know when our last breath will be, therefore always repent as if it is our last breath.”

Love,
Hannah L.

Jesus said …, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;  and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 11:25-26

Yes.

person_being_saved_from_water_1821813